Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve likely seen the push in popularity of CBD-related skincare. CBD is a cannibinoid found in the cannabis plant, including hemp, that has been used to reduce pain and inflammation, alleviate anxiety, treat insomnia, and reduce seizures in people with epilepsy. What you may not know is its efficacy in alleviating skin conditions, such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, and the visible signs of aging. Keep reading to find out the amazing benefits of Pur03 hemp anti-aging facial serum.
Table of Contents
What Is Hemp?
The terms hemp, cannabis, and marijuana, are often used interchangeably, which can get confusing. Although hemp and cannabis are both members of the Cannabaceae family, and are classified as cannabis, they differ greatly in their chemical makeup, characteristics, and how they are used. “Marijuana” is a slang term that is often used in place of the plant’s scientific name “cannabis.”
The controversial name “marijuana” is linked to campaigns that took place in the United States during the 1930s. These campaigns tried to demonize cannabis by correlating it with Mexican immigrants. Traditionally the term is used to distinguish between cannabis that contains THC, the psychoactive component of the plant, and hemp, which contains a small percentage of THC. In other words, you can’t get high from hemp like you can from cannabis.
Hemp, one of the fastest growing plants, is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant, specifically Cannabis sativa L. In fact, it’s one of the oldest crops to be domesticated due to its versatility. The plant is rich in the medicinal cannabinoid CBD or cannabidiol. CBD is used therapeutically in a broad range of products, including CBD oils and tinctures, pills and capsules, edibles, anti-inflammatory salves and creams, and CBD-infused skincare. It’s legal in all 50 states.
Hemp Vs. Hempseed Oil
Skincare that is infused with cannabidiol typically falls under three categories: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate. Full-spectrum CBD products contain all of the compounds found in hemp.
When looking for products containing CBD, look for terms, such as cannabidiol, full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD, hemp extract, or hemp CBD as ingredients.
Keep in mind, hemp seed oil is not the same as CBD oil. The latter is extracted from the hemp plant’s leaves and flowers, and is much lighter and finer than the greasier hemp seed oil.
CBD and Skincare
Look for high concentrations of CBD if using topical applications for pain and inflammation. There is now a plethora of hemp-infused beauty products from lotions, cleansers, and sunscreen, to lip and hair care.
The properties of hemp make it an ideal skincare ingredient. It’s an amazing remedy for acne because it reduces sebum production. Acne is the result of the sebaceous glands producing too much oil. It’s also effective for inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Hemp is gaining notoriety in the area of anti-aging because of its ability to smooth fine lines and wrinkles on the face, neck, and chest.
Pur03 Anti-Aging Facial Serum Ingredients
- Full-spectrum hemp distillate extract: A rich, therapeutic oil that contains the entire spectrum of cannabinoids found in the whole hemp plant, minus the negative flavors and odors. Distillates are extracted from hemp that has a large percentage of CBD.
- Jojoba oil: Bursting with the antioxidants vitamins B and E, jojoba oil hydrates and moisturizes, while easing the inflammation associated with rosacea and eczema. It’s noncomedogenic, meaning it won’t clog pores, and it controls the production of sebum that is implicated in acne.
- Rosehip seed oil: Prized for its fatty acid and vitamin content, rosehip seed oil is antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory. It protects the skin against harmful UV rays to prevent premature aging, reduces hyperpigmentation, and regenerates cells in the skin to decrease scars and fine lines.
- Grapeseed oil: A byproduct of the wine industry, grapeseed oil has impressive amounts of omega 6 fatty acids and the fat-soluble antioxidant vitamin E, a powerful free-radical scavenger. Vitamin E and CBD used together have a synergistic effect to nourish the skin. Grapeseed oil penetrates the skin quickly to moisturize, combat acne, smooth complexion, and tighten pores.
- Argan oil: Definitely one of my favorites, argan oil is a highly moisturizing oil extracted from the seeds of the argan tree, which is native to Morocco. It’s effective for wound healing, skin infections, and for soothing inflammatory skin conditions, such as dermatitis. Argan oil reduces sebum production so is a good choice for those that suffer from acne.
- Evening primrose oil: The high concentrations of polyunsaturated fatty acids in evening primrose oil make it a potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. The oil is extracted from the seeds of the Oenothera biennis plant. It treats acne by balancing the ratio of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, and by regulating the production of sebum. Evening primrose oil is an amazing moisturizer because of its ability to retain water in the epidermis.
- Sea buckthorn oil: The oil, leaves, bark, and berries of sea buckthorn all have beneficial properties, including their content of phytosterols, most notably beta-sitosterol, which is a naturally-occurring compound similar to cholesterol. Beta-sitosterol is used in skincare for its moisturizing and sun-protecting properties. The reddish-orange oil is extracted from the pulp or seeds of the sea buckthorn plant.
- Patchouli oil: The distinct, sensuous, musky scent of patchouli oil has made it a favorite in the aromatherapy and cosmetics industries. It’s used topically in carrier oils to reduce pain and inflammation and to soothe and hydrate dry skin. It’s also antifungal and antibacterial.
- MCT oil: The liquid form of coconut oil, MCT oil is a potent emollient and moisturizer, yet isn’t greasy. The fatty acids, notably lauric acid, which comprises over 50% of the oil, make it a superb antioxidant and anti-microbial. It’s also high in vitamins K and E, which strengthen the skin and make it more resilient to free-radical damage.
- Vanilla: Aside from smelling delicious, vanilla is a great addition to any skincare product because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents, and can even reverse skin damage caused by free radicals, while reducing acne thanks to its antibacterial chemical compound, vanillin.
A 1-ounce bottle of Pur03 contains 50 mg of full-spectrum hemp extract. This is three times the amount that was contained in the previous formula.
How To Use Pur03 Anti-Aging Facial Serum
Using the dropper, place 3 to 5 drops of Pur03 into the palms of your hands, gently applying the serum to your face, neck, and chest. This product is for topical use only – do not take internally. Also, don’t use on skin that is broken or on open wounds. Use once daily before bed.
Hemp-infused skincare is all the rage and rightly so, especially in regard to anti-aging. Bump up your daily skincare routine by using Pur03 full-spectrum hemp facial serum every night before bed. Then let it do its magic while you sleep.
This revolutionary product quells acne and inflammation, tightens pores, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, while rejuvenating, evening out and brightening your complexion. Cannabidiol, used in combination with a nourishing array of oils, is a winning combination that your skin will soak up. Give it a try today.
Have you heard of hemp facial serum? Let me know in the comments:)
(1) Leafly: The Origin of the Word ‘Marijuana’
(2) Primo.co: Hemp 101- The Difference Between Cannabis, Hemp and Marijuana Explained
(3) Weedmaps.com: What’s the Difference Between Hemp and Marijuana?
(4) Way of Leaf: The Best Types of CBD Products [Gummies, Oils]
(5) Forbes.com: Everything You Need To Know About CBD Skincare
(6) healthline: 13 Reasons to Add Jojoba Oil to Your Skin Care Routine
(7) healthline: 9 Ways to Use Rosehip Oil for Your Face
(8) NCBI: Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils
(9) Medical News Today: The health and beauty benefits of grapeseed oil
(10) Nu-X CBD: Full Spectrum CBD Distillate
(11) Prevention: 11 Ways to Use Argan Oil for Shinier Hair and Healthier Skin, According to Experts
(12) PubMed: The Beneficial Health Aspects of Sea Buckthorn (Elaeagnus Rhamnoides (L.) A.Nelson) Oil
(13) NCBI: Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Oil in Management of Female Ailments
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, with no cost to you, if you make a purchase through one of my links.