How would it be to have soft, supple, radiant skin so much so that your complexion looked amazing without makeup? And particularly in the hot, humid months of summer when you don’t feel like wearing foundation. Kumkumadi oil contains a natural blend of nourishing ingredients to tighten, tone, and improve the texture of your skin. Check out the benefits of including this anti-aging elixir as part of your skincare routine.
Table of Contents
Facts About Kumkumadi Oil
Kumkumadi oil is an Ayurvedic blend of healing and moisturizing ingredients, including saffron, sandalwood, rose, turmeric, vetiver, and orange oils. Each ingredient plays a unique role: Orange oil is a toner and antiseptic, rose is an antioxidant and astringent, turmeric is anti-bacterial, sandalwood nourishes and detoxifies, vetiver fades imperfections, and saffron brightens the skin. Combined synergistically, the oil hydrates, soothes, moisturizes, plumps, smooths, and firms.
Here are more healing properties of each ingredient:
- Saffron: Hailing from Greece, saffron is an extremely expensive and powerful spice that boasts an impressive vitamin and antioxidant profile. It is anti-inflammatory so is very soothing to the skin. Saffron is used to treat acne and is anti-fungal.
- Sandalwood: A potent free-radical fighter and detoxifier, sandalwood is used in anti-aging skincare to prevent wrinkles, exfoliate, and soothe sunburns. Because of its anti-bacterial properties, it’s also used to fight acne. Sandalwood has a unique and wonderful aroma.
- Rose: Rose water is an astringent used to tighten pores, maintain pH in the skin, and control excess oil. It’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties make it a good choice for inflammatory skin conditions, such as eczema, dermatitis, and acne. It also contains antioxidants and is an astringent, which is beneficial for evening out skin tone.
- Turmeric: A natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, turmeric reduces dark circles, hydrates dry skin, controls bacteria, and protects against sun damage. It’s used in anti-aging skincare preparations due to its ability to increase circulation and revitalize the skin. Better circulation means more oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the skin to heal and protect.
- Vetiver: Deeply moisturizing and hydrating, vetiver oil protects the skin from environmental stress, while toning and tightening to reduce the visible signs of aging. It contains antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory and has a calming aroma. When used cosmetically, vetiver oil boosts circulations to plump and nourish the skin.
- Orange oil: This great smelling oil is amazing for collagen production and circulation because of its ability to absorb vitamin C. Its anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antioxidant profile make it a multi-tasking oil for both skincare and for treating minor cuts and wounds.
INATUR Kumkumadi oil is organic and vegan, and is free of preservatives, parabens, sulphates, phthalates, mineral oil, animal fats, chemicals, and artificial fragrances. It’s also PETA certified cruelty-free.
1. Brightens complexion and boosts circulation
2. Improves skin tone and texture
3. Tightens and moisturizes
4. Enlivens dull skin and heals blemishes
5. Soothes damaged and sunburned skin
6. Smooths under eye circles and puffiness
How To Use
A little Kumkumadi oil goes a long way. Apply three or four drops to your fingertips and apply evenly to face. Gently pat the oil into your pores, rather than rubbing the oil onto your skin as you normally would when moisturizing. This will increase the ability of the oil to absorb into your skin.
Apply at night so the oil can do its magic while you sleep. Don’t neglect the area right beneath your eyes or on your neck. Your neck needs tender loving care just as your face does. Apply the oil after washing and toning your face. If you’re into facial massage, this is a great oil to use for that purpose.
Facial Massage With Kumkumadi Oil
Kumkumadi oil is a fantastic oil to use for facial massage. Begin by washing and drying your face. Apply a few drops of oil to your hands, distributing evenly over your face. The oil is safe to use on acne-prone areas. Using your fingers, gently massage the oil into your pores. Facial massage is good to do right before bed because you can leave the oil on overnight. This is especially beneficial for dry, flaky skin. Place a towel over your pillow to protect your pillow case.
People with oily skin will want to remove the oil after an hour or so. If you have an inflammatory skin condition, try doing a facial massage at least a couple times a day for several days in a row to reduce inflammation. Facial massage performed once a week for maintenance will keep your complexion bright and revitalized.
Kumkumadi oil is a great smelling, non-greasy, anti-aging serum that absorbs seamlessly into the skin to deeply moisturize and bring out its natural radiance. If you’ve been on the hunt for an oil that fits this profile, give Kumkumadi oil a try. You may find it’s just what you’ve been looking for.
Have you heard of Kumkumadi oil? Let me know in the comments:)